| Turning on | Touchpad | Printing | Saving | Shut Down |
To turn on the computer, press the blue button on the top left side of the keyboard.
- The pointer on the screen follows you finger movements on the touchpad. You can use your finger as a pointer to draw lines or point to items on the desktop.
- To simulate a mouse-click, either tap on the touchpad or press the left touch pad button, located directly below the touchpad.
- To double-click on an item, move the pointer over the item, then either tap twice on the touchpad or press the left touchpad button twice.
To print a document that you are viewing, there are 2 options.
- You may click on the printer icon within the application. (This is usually located in the task bar at the top of the screen. Typically there is a picture of a printer on it.)
- Click on the "File" menu (in the upper left corner of most applications) and select the "print" option.
NOTE: All print outs may be picked up at the circulation desk. Be sure to know your computer number (located on the top of the computer) whenever retrieving print outs. Like the computer lab, be prepared for a 10 to 15 minute wait for print jobs. Length of wait will depend on usage.
- Save any work that you want to keep.
- To do this, click on the "File" menu, then click on "Save."
- Go to the "Save In" section of the "Save" screen and click on the down arrow. This will allow you to choose the drive that you want to save to.
- Type in a file name and click on the "OK" button.
- NOTE: Any information saved on the C: drive will be lost during periodic maintenance of the system.
- The library is not responsible for loss of information saved on the hard drive.
To prevent losing information or damaging your files, always end the Windows session before you turn off your computer.
To end a Windows session:
- Save your work to the A: drive
- Exit the program that you are using. To do this click on the close butt on (the "X" in the upper right hand corner.)
- Continue saving files and exiting programs until only the Windows desktop is active.
- From the Windows desktop, click on "Start" then "Shut Down."
- Make sure "Shut down the computer?" is selected, then click on "Yes." After a few seconds, a message appears telling you that your computer is shutting down, then the computer automatically turns off.