- E.J. Van Liere. Anoxia: its effects on the body. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1942.
- E.J. Van Liere. A doctor enjoys Sherlock Holmes. NY: Vantage Press. 1959.
- Van Liere, E.J. Obstetrics outline. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University, School of Medicine, 1962.
- E.J. Van Liere. 100 editorials. West Virginia University Medical Center and Executive Office. State Medical Association. 1963.
- Van Liere, E.J., and J.C. Stickney. Hypoxia. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1964.
- Van Liere, E.J., G.S. Dodds. History of Medical Education in West Virginia. Parsons, WV: McClain Printing Co. 1965.
- Van Liere, E.J. Medical and other essays. Parsons, WV: McClain Printing Co. 1966.
- Van Liere and Klifford Stiknei. Gipoksiia, prevod s angliiskogo, E.M. Zavodovskoi, E.P. Kostrub, S.B. Miravevoi.Moskva:Izd-vo Ameditsina, 1967. [Hypoxia. Russian]
- Van Liere, E.J. Early teachers in West Virginia University School of Medicine. Parson, WV: McClain Printing Co. 1968.
- Van Liere, E.J. One hundred years of Physiology at West Virginia University. Parsons, WV: McClain Printing Co. 1979.
- Van Liere, E. J. J. Clifford Stickney. The effects of exercise upon the function of the gastrointestinal tract. In: Johnson W.R. (ed.), Science and medicine of exercise and sports. New York, NY: Harper, 1960. p. 236-250.
- Van Liere, E.J. In: Fleming, Dolores, P. Schuman (eds.), Generations of growth: A Contemporary View of the West Virginia School of Medicine. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Publication Services. 1990. p.3, 9-21, 22-23, 62, 63, 71, 98; 99.